Sunday, July 28, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

My baby boy starts Kindergarten in just a few days so a first day of school photo shoot was a must.  I know I'll be snapping a few pictures the day of, but I also know there will be chaos that morning!  Between making sure he's got everything he needs for his big day and calming my own nerves (he's just fine with it!) of sending my boy off to school all day for the first time, waiting patiently to get good photos just isn't going to happen!


I came across this picture idea on Pinterest and made sure to get the brick wall background just to do this.  It will be a fun photo to look back on years from now, and hopefully one we can recreate in the same location for years to come!  

The sign he's holding is a free chalkboard printable from Classy Clutter.


Last year's Cars backpack had to be replaced since it was a preschool backpack and too small to even hold a folder.  I debated against getting a character backpack because I'm not sure how long he's going to be into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but in the end I went all out with it.  He got the backpack, pencil case, lunchbox, water bottle, notebooks, and folders.  And seeing how excited he gets every time he shows them off to someone who comes to visit is worth it!




I saw several fun ideas for back to school photos on Pinterest I wanted to recreate, especially ones that included their new school supplies.  I had some ideas for these colored pencils before we went out, but this boy is determined to run the show.  I don't mind when he does fun stuff like this either.  I love how the bright colors are the focus, and what was supposed to be a rainbow in order was smashed together....boys!!


This was my favorite shot of the day.  I wish the focus was better, but I still love the shot.  It's like he's waiting on the bus, even though today happens to be Sunday.  


3 comments:

  1. I love the picture idea! They will make great memories. Thank you for linking up to the Back to School Kid Blogger Network linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he had a wonderful start to the school year (and hope Mom did ok too :) It always hits us parents harder than the kids. My oldest got his driver's license this summer (ugh!) Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing at the KBN Back to School linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun it is to get new things to start the year! We have a robot themed lunch box this year.

    ReplyDelete