Friday, February 21, 2014

Moody Winter

Finally we had a nice clear sunny day with temperatures above freezing.  Finally!  This never-ending winter with its record breaking snowfalls has taken cabin fever to a whole new level.  I couldn't wait to get out and get some photos!  Too bad, my subject didn't feel the same!  She wanted no part of having her picture taken or even enjoying our walk through the park.


SPARTA!!!  Or at least that's what it looks like she was screaming.  It was actually something more along the lines of, "Lets go to the playground....now!"  Next time, we'll have to hit up the playground first and head for the trails afterwards.  Lesson learned.


And after that, there was absolutely no more getting her to even look in the direction of the camera.  Good thing she doesn't realize she's just as cute walking away!  I would have probably had even more pictures of moody looks instead!


This little guy had no problems posing for the camera though.  He didn't stop munching on his lunch, but he did hang out and let us get pretty darn close.  


This might be my favorite shot of the day.  I love the simplicity of it and the color.  I also love that it looks like it was taken much closer to sunset than at noon when it was actually shot.  


 This particular park has quite a few Sycamore trees and this view in the winter is pretty neat.  These seed balls hang like ornaments on the branches.  As much as I appreciate the view, I wish it was spring and these things would be dropping and spreading all over the woods.


The views at this park are gorgeous year round.  This was my first trip to this particular park in the winter though.  The snow on the banks of the creek and the reflection of the tree trunks in the water makes me wish we could have stayed out there all day to look at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment