Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Foggy Morning

We woke up this morning to fog!  My favorite kind of morning, hazy and cool with a warm cup of coffee in my hands.  I wish I could have packed my gear and gone for a walk or driven to the park first thing, but I had to get a kiddo on the bus before I could worry about pictures.


We still took advantage of the cooler quiet morning to snap a few shots on the railroad tracks.  There was a little bit of fog left when we finally did get out, but it was nothing compared to what it was about an hour before.  


I think this one is my favorite because partially because it's the only one I could get of her actually looking at the camera, but also because her eyes look so striking to me.  She had a very serious expression going.


It took a few tries, but I finally managed to get her to crack a smile.  It didn't last long though.


This last one I snapped when we got back home.  I posted a picture on my Facebook page the other day of the spider web on our mailbox.  That web was destroyed (that's what happens when you show a spider web to a 5 year old), but apparently the spider wasn't deterred, because this new web was there this morning.  I am not sure if the water droplets are from the dew or the fog, but either way it's beautiful!