Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Grounds of French Lick and West Baden Springs Resort

We just returned from an amazing weekend getaway with family.  I was thoroughly impressed with my first trip to the historic French Lick and West Baden Springs area.  For a photographer who likes taking pictures of just about everything, I was in camera heaven!  This post is pretty image heavy, but I had so many favorites images from the beautiful grounds and architecture of these two amazing resorts.



Whether you were in the hallway or the stairwell, or anywhere in this hotel it was an impressive view!


I didn't notice until I went into post processing on this next photo, but take a look at the top row of windows and see if you notice.  There was a wedding at the resort on Saturday evening, and I'm pretty sure I know now which room was the bride's!


The large front porches of the French Lick Springs Resort were filled with these rocking chairs, and they even had small ones for the kids too!


This was a sitting area in the lobby of the French Lick Springs Resort.


The lobby was full of impressive artwork and huge chandeliers on the ceilings.  There was so much to look at everywhere, especially looking up!



This place was the perfect stop any time of day.  They served Starbuck's coffee so I even got my caffeine fix!


 The courtyard and grounds behind the hotel were just as impressive as the front entrance.


Our room was in there somewhere.







Wells, springs, brick walls, and plenty of details on the history of the famous springs are all over the grounds.









West Baden Springs Resort looks massive from the outside, but you can truly feel just how big it is when you step foot inside the giant dome atrium for the first time.



The echo is pretty impressive in this place (especially a toddler's scream!)  These rooms face the atrium and look down over the large atrium.  I'm sure they have an excellent view of the afternoon tea and the harpist playing as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment