Saturday, March 8, 2014

Brickworld and My New D800

So I finally made the switch to a full frame camera!  It is AH-mazing!!  I still need to curl up with the manual for a while to learn all the ins and outs and differences from my old crop sensor, but I couldn't resist taking it along for our adventure at Brickworld Indy today.  A few hours of walking around with the D800 hanging from my neck made me realize I'm probably going to need a padded camera strap.  It's definitely heavier than my old camera!


We saw the LEGO movie in theaters earlier this week, and there were some pretty impressive displays of the locations from the movie.  The double-decker couch makes an appearance, and there's also a giant Unikitty!  LEGO Star Wars has a huge presence at the expo including several large displays and custom vendors.  There were tables for the kids to play with LEGOs and even a LEGO Duplo section for the little ones.

All in all my first trip to Brickworld was a blast, especially with my new camera.  Below is a selection of photos from some of our favorite displays.













Brickworld Indy runs through tomorrow, March 9th, so you still have a time to check it out if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment