Friday, March 21, 2014

In My Neighborhood - Part 2

We've lived in this neighborhood over 4 years, and today was the first day I ever walked down this little gravel road.  It's a inconspicuous little access road nestled between two houses.  Driving down the street, most people would probably miss it.  I've passed by it so many times on our walks around the neighborhood, but I had never before ventured down it to see where it led.  Today, I am so glad I did!


Although most everything is dead and brown, I bet this little walk will be amazing this summer.  I can see where lots of wild flowers, grasses, and lush fields will likely be in a few more months.  I see the makings of a great photo shoot location!


One side of the road is lined with trees and the other side is a big field with brush up near the road.  I'm not really sure if the brush is all weeds or flowers, but I'll find out later this spring and summer once everything starts growing again.


I bet this will be a great spot for bird watching and butterflies as well.  I saw a male and female cardinal, our state bird, darting around the trees lining the gravel road.  They were too far for a picture with my 50 mm, so I'll definitely need to take a telephoto lens out next time.


Today was a gorgeous spring day.  Temps were perfect for spring.  The sun was shining beautifully with very few clouds in a bright blue sky.  I couldn't have asked for nicer weather or a nicer walk!


It was a fun time to play around with real sun flare too!


At the end of the gravel road was a section of pine trees, fences, and the actual purpose of this little access road, some equipment for the gas company.  Now I know why this road is there!


Basically this entire road just a few minutes away from house is filled with perfect backdrops for photo shoots.  I can't believe it's taken so long for me to figure this out!  Now for everything to turn green again and we'll be all set!


Keep checking back for the next part of this photo story:  In My Neighborhood.  I can't wait to see what we find next!

No comments:

Post a Comment